Last weekend was the annual Osteopathic Fun Run. Two of the coolest girls I know were the brains and brawn behind the whole thing. I was so excited to participate in it this year (last year I didn't run in it but helped out with it instead). I've been a slacker though and didn't train for the 5k so I decided I could do the mile. Right on! It turns out I came in 3rd and was the first girl to cross the finish line! Granted there weren't that many people doing the mile and the majority of those who were, walked it with their kiddos! But hey, I got a bronze metal, a free water bottle, buy one get one free movie passes, 1 month membership to Curves (ha ha!), a free pizza and two buffet dinner passes to the Ponderossa!!! I'll take it! Oh, and I can't forget the freakin' sweet shirt I got for running too. I had a blast and the best thing was that Tabitha was at home with David sleeping in till 9:15am!! Cool.

Oh, did I mention it was snowing?? Yea, that's what made me run fast. I wanted to get it over with!

Sweet picture eh? It takes me back to my glory days back in '82...okay more like back in 2000 when I was a "track star" in high school. :-) ha!

Me and Mindy, one of my most favorite people in the world who is also moving to Utah in three months!!! Sweet. (Do I use that word too much?)
7 comments:
Nice job Cindy! Member when we had that health a class and I could barely WALK a mile in 20 minutes! Honestly! I think I could do it now, I hope! Nice work! I'll be watching for the 5K pics!
Way to go!!!
Great job Terri! How fun to win a medal! I've got to get in gear too with running. The most I've ran since having Aaron has been 1 mile at a time. Wish we lived close to each other, we could run together!
Congrats! That is a great thing to do for a great cause! I don’t think I could even run a full mile right now… and it shows! You look awesome!
Wow Terri!!! I'm way impressed!!! I think I would have a heart attack!!!! I'm so out of shape!!!:) That is so awesome that you did this!!!! And all the free stuff you got man! that's cool!!!!
I am so impressed! Way to go, Idaho. And that awesome you got such a great prize for coming in thrid. You are my hero! And you were pretty great back in the glory days. I can vouch for you. Heck, I think you're still pretty great. Love ya!
Way to go...
Post a Comment