We went to the zoo first and saw real live lions, rhinos, polar bears, camels, giraffes and squirrels. Yea, the squirrels weren't part of the exhibits but they were everywhere along the paths and they were real friendly. The following day we went to the museum and saw all of the same animals except they were dead and stuffed. ha ha. It was all very interesting. We saw real mummies and Sue the dinosaur. She was awesome except they don't even know if she is a she. They just named her Sue after the lady who found her. Pretty cool. Chicago was nuts though! I've never been to such a huge city. We had to park forever away just to get some reasonably priced parking. Then we used the public transit for the whole time we were there. It was quite the adventure and super fun! Scary, but fun. I'm really glad we got to go. 


Here is me with Sue. She is huge! Maybe I'll grow up to be as big as her some day.

Here we are with my sister Deena and her family having our awesome Thanksgiving feast. ( Well, I'm not in the picture because I'm taking the picture and Tabitha isn't in the picture because she was taking a nap.) It was soo yummy. I'm totally craving turkey and mashed potatoes right now! Tabitha learned how to go down stairs while we were there. It was super! She did take a tumble once though but was a-ok. Poor kid!
4 comments:
What a great time! Way to make the most of a break! DAve and I are working on things to do here over the break. It should be fun!
Looks like a fun trip! I saw Sue when she was Idaho Falls...I guess that was like 5 years ago now. I'm glad you had so much fun!
Yeah! You are back! i've been missing you! Glad you had a fun trip and a good Thanksgiving! I like Sue...she reminds me of someone I know. :) Ha! Sue! Vi! LOL. Miss ya!
Isn't that aquarium awesome? J and I felt a little silly being there with no kids, but oh well. Fun for all ages. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment