My cute friend Denisse tagged me. I'm supposed to come up with 6 things/habits that people might not know about me. I'm not usually one to post embarassing things about myself because it's so embarassing (duh!). But here it goes:
1. In college a friend of mine dared me to not shave my legs for a whole semester (4 months)! In return he was going to take me to dinner. Doesn't sound like an even bet does it? I was such a flibbertigibbet back then. (that one was for you Rebecca S.) But I did it! How?...you ask? I wore pants everyday to school (I was at winter semester Rick's college...need I say more? Also shorts aren't allowed anyway so that was easy). For church I would wear long skirts and boots with stockings. Sometimes I would put on some black tights if my skirt wasn't long enough to cover it all but after a while the hairs would poke through and become totally visable. Toward the end some of my friends began to notice and then I became so popular for it! Who'd have though..."Ooo, that's the girl that doesn't shave her legs!" Sick! I won the bet. It was hard. I almost gave up a few times. But I endured to the end and got my free dinner.
2. I grew up on a farm....sort of. My dad has this awesome fascination with having unique animals as pets. We had goats, Bessy the cow, rabbits, domestic deer, llamas, sheep, chickens, a pony named Tonto and then the usual cats and dogs. We did milk the cow and goats and ate the eggs from the chickens...gee we even ate some of the chickens but as for the rest of them they were just for fun. My dad's latest pet was a Chinchilla: a small, South American rodent, raised for its soft, silvery gray fur: now rare in the wild. As a junior in high school my dad brought our baby goats to school for my show-and-tell day in English...(I know, show and tell in high school? It was sweet!)
3. I had warts on my hands when I was a school girl. I took my first social dance class in 7th grade and none of the boys ever asked me to dance with them because of my warts. I don't blame them. Even though I had warts I still didn't want to dance with a boy who had them. ha! I tried everything to get rid of them. My grandpa told me if I rubbed a raw potato on them they would go away like the next day. I tried it...but was devistated when I woke up the next morning and they were still there. I finally got rid of them though and to this day I am wartless. :-)
4. I still hold the record for the girl's 100m sprint at Provo High School with a time of 12.64 seconds.
5. My maiden name is Herrin and when I was a tiny girl my parents gave me my first Book of Mormon. I still have it and the name written on the inside (by a young me who was learning to write my name) reads: TerriLyn Herrilyn
6. I have a habit of singing/whistling when I am alone or with Tabitha. I sing and whistle all day long it seems like! It's pretty fun though. I think I get it from my mom who is very musically talented. She has a song for everything under the sun. Tabitha's favorite song is The Isty Bitsy Spider. I've become pretty fond of it too. :-)
Now I get to tag 6 people, the lucky winners are: Stepha, Rachel, Rebecca S., McKenzie, Kristen, and Andrea!
The rules:
1. The player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves - try to find 6 you haven't already posted about.
2. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names, and then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog for the rules.
10 years ago
9 comments:
I totally remember you not shaving your legs...I don't think I would have done it! Where did you go out to dinner? It would have had to be somewhere really really good! You're awesome!
Ha! Thanks for using the word! I wish I new more flibbertigibbets so I could use it more often, but there seem to be none around. I guess I could use it when I talk about celebrities - Brittney, Paris, Rosie - well no, it's too dainty a word for Rosie. Anyway, I'll get thinking of my six things!
I've got to add to my comment...sorry! I love that you still hold a record for high school sports - you're a name on the wall! And, I know what it's like to have a dad that likes wierd animals - mine still has llamas - maybe I'll use that for one of my six..... As for the leg shaving - is four months really considered that long? ;)
Terri! I loved reading all of them!!! I was laughing out loud with some of them! I'm glad I got to know some things that I didn't know about you before! I'm glad you did it!
Ha! Those are fantastic! Thanks for sharing. That's incredible that you were able to go a whole semester without shaving your legs. You are my hero! Time for me to start thinking of my 6 things, although I'm quite sure I'll never top yours. :)
AM I the rachel you tagged? Just checking!! I love the Terrilyn Herrinlyn!! That's great!
Hey Terrilyn,
It's Tuesday, the 20th, and i just barely heard your message on my phone (I guess someone listened to it and forgot to tell me about it. Anyway - hope you didn't mind me stealing all your pictures and using them on my site :)
Hi :)
CUTE blog - CUTE CUTE CUTE baby! Congrats!! Was in contact with Justin Heaton, and saw HIS blog, and saw the link to YOURS on there. Will you e-mail me at harriedmother@hotmail.com so I can send you our links? Have a video of Rich I'd like to share w/you and Dave.
Nadine
HEE HEE HEE! You are such a funny lady! I love you!
Post a Comment