Thursday, September 13, 2007

Twilight series



This is my confession of a reading addiction I have. I just can't put the books down and yet I don't want them to end! I have absolutely fallen in love with Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. I finished Twilight a few days ago and began the sequel, New Moon, yesterday. I'm more than half way finished and I'm having such a blast. :-) My mom and my sister, Lauralie, first mentioned these books to me and how much they liked them this past summer and from then on I've heard nothing but good. So I checked the first book out at the library after waiting a few weeks for it to become available because it is sooo popular. Since then I've had such a hard time pulling my eyes away from it! Ha, I'm such a nerd. Now don't get me wrong...the dishes and laundry are done, I did shower today and Tabitha is well fed and comfortably asleep in bed right now. But I promise you that if I didn't have the wonderful wife and mother responsabilities at the moment I'd be through with all three books and also thirsty for more! I haven't done much picture taking, blogging, emailing and such for the past week and just wanted to explain a possibly reason why. Reading books is so much better than watching movies, in my opinion. You get to live the story with the characters. So fun!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

You're better than me, when I was reading them my dishes piled up, laundry was unwashed, Emma watched too much TV! I think dinner may have been canned soup! Even though I knew I should put it down, I couldn't. I'm glad I'm done and the next one doesn't come out for awhile!

Unknown said...

Aren't you so glad there will be more? I didn't know that after I finished the 3rd book, and my affection for the book turned into disappointment. I just didn't see how it could end the way it seemed to. I can't wait for #4! :)

Woods: said...

Okay. I guess I'm gonna have to read it! EVERYONE is reading this book and they are all crazy about it! I really need to do something other than blog. :) I'll try to make sure my kids are well taken care of too before I go reading all day long. :) Love your blog! Love you!

rebecca said...

I love your blog! You said it perfectly!!! Reading a book is so much better than movies!!! I finally finished Harry Potter and am so excited to get going on this series, so I can understand why all you girls are so enthralled with these books :)

Erin said...

I wish I could say I had the self-mastery you have when I am reading an incredible book. I have to confess sometimes we don't have such a great dinner, and sometimes the laundry waits.... :) I LOVE reading too, I know exactly what you mean about movies vs books. And I can't wait to start the Twilight Series. I'm just waiting for a good few days that don't have anything important going on. I'll have to think of some easy dinners that I can whip up, get my cleaning and laundry all caught up, and then I'll let myself start the book - because I know myself too well to think I'd do any of it if I was in the middle of the book. :)