I just finished a long month of inpatient peds at a hospital across town and am grateful to be back at my home base at Broadlawns. I think, in a way, we have to leave Broadlawns to know how good we have it here. For the next month I will be doing neurology (a.k.a. neurocation = neurology + vacation) which is nearly a part time gig compared to some other rotations. The only downer is that I have a presentation to give in 3 weeks and I take my final board exam at the end of the month. Plenty to do, but I know this is going to be a great month with the family.
Terri is doing great and feeling that good ol' "nesting" instinct. We have been cleaning out closets and going through some of our stuff in preparation for the coming baby. During the last two pregnancies I felt as though I were part of the whole process. This time around I have been gone a lot more and we have had periods where we only saw each other for a few hours during the week. I think we have all had the experience seeing someone else's family where you only see moments in time during the pregnancy where they seem so much more pregnant each time you see them. Well, that is how I was feeling, so I am grateful that I am back working at Broadlawns so I will see my family much more and feel like this is my family that is about to be growing by one !
Tabitha and Savannah are doing great. Tabi is enjoying her dance class and playing with her friends. Savannah has become a wonderful eater and is learning how to throw a really fake tantrum. Both girls are as cute as can be and melt this dad's heart without much effort.
We are hunkered down in the heart of Iowa watching a blizzard outside but our hearts are warm and we are having a great time!
4 comments:
David,
I don't really check blogs very much, but I saw yours and had to comment on what a cute family you have. What beautiful, adorable girls. All 3! Congratulations on all your accomplishments! It doesn't surprise me at all! Way to go!
Amy (Harker) Allred
Cute video! Tabi and Savannah are so sweet. It's fun to read what you've been up to. I'm glad you're loving Iowa despite the cold!
It really warmed my heart to read your blog and a treat, David, to have you post. Delightful children; loved the video clip! Dave's and my love to both you and TerriLyn.
Great update! I love Savannah's silly laugh! Your girls have grown since the summer when we saw them last. Glad to hear you are all doing well. Love you!
Post a Comment