Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Savannah!

Today is Savannah's second birthday! I thought a walk down memory lane would be appropriate for the occasion. I try to make our blog about the family and not too heavy about just the children, even though that is a big chunk of our lives as parents. It would be really easy to make our blog all about our kids but I think our friends want to know how we are all doing. In this case though, I thought a post about our little angel Savannah would be okay since today is her birthday and she is such a joy and little personality!

These first pictures are from her birthday. She was born in the afternoon of a very easy day to remember (one, two, three = 1/23). We learned a lesson from the birth of Tabitha, such as: epidurals are AWESOME, things are much nicer if you can schedule them (this was a scheduled induction because Tabi was >9lbs at birth), and the shorter the labor the better. I even got to deliver her! The only down side was that the labor room was large and had all the amenities while the postpartum rooms were small and the service was slow. All things considered, it was a great experience. The second picture is our little Tabi who is a new big sister and still on the pacifier. She is a great big sister.















While smaller than Tabi by 2 whole pounds, Savannah quickly made up ground to get the sumo thighs. It is amazing that kids can learn to crawl or stand with such pudgy extremities.







This is what happens when Terri leaves the kids home with me and it is feeding time and the bib is nowhere to be found. The poor girl loses all autonomy for the sake of dad not having to clean up a mess. Unfortunately, there is more laundry for mom afterward.












As Savannah learned to crawl and walk she quickly showed us some of her personality quirks. While Tabi is a tenderheart who can cry for the smallest thing (I couldn't even watch sports with her in the room because the simplest joyful exclamation for something during the game could lead to an hour of consolation and assurance that everything is okay and that I didn't mean to surprise her), Savannah could care less and looked forward to being surprised and being in the center of anything exciting. Savannah also does not let anyone push her around. Rather than cry about someone taking a toy, she becomes the "I'll show you who's boss baby." Another fun trait that she becomes frustrated very easily, so we have come to call anything she is playing with the " . . . of frustration." Example: if she is playing with a ball it becomes the "ball of frustration" or if she wants some Play-Doh it becomes the "Play-Doh of frustration." She has improved a bit in this area. These next few pictures are just some cute shots with her sister Tabi and her 1st cousin once removed (Aunica).











We moved to Des Moines after Savannah was 1.5 years old and had lived her whole life up to this point in Utah. She is only getting more and more cute and her personality is becoming more temperate. The main thing we are working on now is getting her less attached to her mommy and start the weaning process from the binki. These are some of her super cute pictures!


















This last picture is from Christmas. Our little princess absolutely loves dresses and anything girly. But especially the dresses. Even if a shirt has a small amount of fringe that makes it flare with spinning, she will spin around all day and say things such as, "beautiful dress." Anyone who complements her on her "pretty dress" becomes an instant best friend and worthy of demonstrating the sheer magnificance of a perfectly performed pirouette. She is so fun and we adore her.















5 comments:

Nat said...

I've been thinking about her all day! Happy Birthday Savannah! I can't believe she's already two. And you're right - she is an absolute doll. I can never get over how darling she is. I love that she can get so frustrated. And I love that she's so into dresses. She really needs to teach Aunica how to be a girly girl. Also, on a somewhat random note, I'm incredibly impressed with David's blogging. Way to be involved! Nicolas doesn't even know how to access our blog, let alone post on it. :-) We sure love you guys, and miss you! Take care!

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

those last pictures make her look so grown up! happy birthday Savannah!

The Jungle Explorer said...

What a cute, little girly-girl. She would get along just great with mine. Happy Birthday Savannah!

Goodman Family said...

Cute family. Hope all is going well with residency. How much longer?

Jeannie Young said...

Jacob and Peter can't believe how big Savannah looks in the last picture! She looks like such a big girl. It's so fun to hear about her cute personality. Happy Birthday to Savannah!!