Sunday, January 16, 2011

TerriLyn and the girls went to Utah for a family reunion. This picture was part of the Timpanogos Cave hike that many of the siblings and their families went on after the reunion. While I was delivering babies and enjoying some intense midwest humidity, Terri and the girls had a chance for one last horrah with the Herrin clan before really settling into their midwest home.












We have a small hill in our backyard that is fun to ride down in the summer months and good for sledding in the winter. Savannah and Tabi had a blast riding down on there tricycles.



There are a lot of great things to do around Des Moines. During the fall we went to a corn maze which also had an amazing amount of toys and creative activities for kids. Best part was that everything was free! We have been very impressed with how family friendly so many activities around here have been.














Happy Birthday Tabitha! She is our big 4 year old. We had a fun little party with many of her friends from Broadlawns and from the ward. Tabi is growing to be a beautiful and sweet little girl. We love her very much!














Tabitha started a dance class. We thought it would be fun for her to have an activity outside of home and church. She loves going to dance classes once a week and dressing in dance clothes and going to performances on occasion. She fits the part very well. While it is not anything technical and usually consists of following whatever the teacher is doing and running around in circles, we love to watch her and her little friends feel so special. Savannah sometimes picks up the dance moves while watching Tabi and will come home and twirl and do some of the moves that were taught at the dance class. At the performance she was copying the other girls as they practiced. She loves dresses, spinning, and being a little princess.








Over the Christmas break we all got to go to Utah for the pre-Christmas festivities at TerriLyn's parents house then up to Idaho for 4 days of fun followed by Christmas in Utah. I had to go back to Iowa the day after Christmas but TerriLyn stayed for another week and a half. While I was gone TerriLyn, of course, had to relive the glory days with her old roomies. They are all great friends and still keep in touch on occasion. It was amazing that so many of them could get together on short notice.















Christmas Morning at Vi and Selby's. We have really had a great past few months and are having a great time in Des Moines!


3 comments:

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

I love your family pic at the top- I instantly though, "Wow! Tabitha is getting so big!" Glad you guys are having a blast in Iowa!

Jeannie Young said...

So fun to hear your updates! I've got to get on the ball with blogging again. I'm glad you had a good Christmas and are enjoying Des Moines. Your girls are so, so cute! I love the video of Savannah copying Tabi's dance class, too cute! Love you all!

Nat said...

I loved the update! Way to go David! I'm glad everything's going well. We loved seeing you guys last month and already miss you again. Give the girls a big hug for us!