Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Iowa State Fair!

Wow, I can't believe that it has been six months since we've posted anything here on our blog!! We really are still alive and doing very well. We made the big move to Iowa and are enjoying our time here. David is in his 3rd month of family medicine residency and it's going well! We've made great friends and are enjoying our neighbors...they are all residents too. We pretty much live at the hospital, well next door in the resident housing. You can't beat it especially because when he is on call he can be at home untill called in instead of spending the night at the hospital. We get to see him more. The girls have made some friends and are loving the play ground here. In August we went to the Iowa State Fair! It is quite the fair! Huge I tell you! We all had a super fun time and are excited to go back next year.

Here is Savannah gathering some veggies at the little farmers exibit. The girls loved this activity. They looked so cute in those little aprons!

And Tabi even got to ride a John Deere tractor! What fun!


The butterfly house was really neat. There were thousands of butterflies and you could catch them and hold them. See the one I'm poining to on my shirt? I had to actually put it there but it looks like it just landed on me huh?

It's a very cool thing to have a butterfly for an ornamental decoration on your shirt! Tabi sure thought so!


Here's our family after of a fun evening at the Iowa State Fair...and a few fried twinkies!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love your little family picture at the top! It's adorable! Sounds like Iowa is a grand old time! Great to hear from ya!

Nells said...

That sounds like tons of fun! I'm glad you guys are enjoying Iowa. Hows the program going out there? We miss you guys tons!!