I often sing to Tabitha before she goes to sleep at night. Some of her favorite songs are "I am a child of God," "Rockabye baby," and "I love to see the Temple." She was in a pretty silly mood as we were getting her to bed last night. As I was singing the Temple song to her she began to shout out during the song. Here's how it went:
Me (singing): I love to see the temple...
Tabi: I like temples!
Me: I'm going there some day, to feel the holy spirit...
Tabi: I like holes!
Me: To listen and to pray..
Tabi: I like praying!
Me: For the temple is a house of God...
Tabi: I like Gods!
Me: A place of love and beauty...
Tabi: I like booties!
Me: I'll prepare myself while I am young...
Tabi: I like young!
Me: This is my sacred duty.
Tabi: I like duties!
She is a happy girl and likes lots of things!
10 years ago

10 comments:
That is so cute! I can just picture Tabi shouting that! Miss you guys!
I love singing to kids! Alexia's favorite is I Am a Child of God. She can sing the whole song. Granted, it is in 3 year old language so she doesn't get all the words right, but she sure thinks she does! It is so adorable! Primary songs are the best to sing at bedtime!
Lol. That's too cute. My 3 yr old learned this song first out of all the primary songs because of all the hype about getting a temple in Rexburg. The only thing is she could never get the last line right so whe would just repeat the first line and start over again. It was like the song that never ends:) OH well she could have picked a worse song!
Who doesn't love temples and Gods and duties? That is so cute. She looks like she is a very happy little girl and your baby is so cute and so big - what are you feeding that girl?
I found your blog from Matt and Jeanie's blog and follow it to copy all your cute hair bows. I just noticed your husband is almost a dr. If you want to move close to Matt and Jeanie, the head of the Emerg. Dept is in my ward. We always need more fun LDS people out here so I could hook you up with him when he gets ready to look for a job. (Just throwing out options for ya!)
This is fantastic! It made me laugh outloud. I love you - and Tabitha!
That is so cute and so funny!! What a little ham! =) That's one of my boys favorite bedtime songs too.
Adorable! I guess she at least got parts of the song! I think it's awesome that you sing to her at bedtime too! Miss ya--
Hahaha! That's too funny!...I like booties....classic!
Encarnacia,
I have not heard from you in many days, are we going to share some toast?
Nacho
P.S. I need to borrow some sweats.
Post a Comment