Thursday, April 2, 2009

We're Still Alive!

I know that it has been a while since I've posted anything! Times get busy and kids take priority over blogging. We are doing very well though. David and I celebrated our wooden anniversary on the 26th of March. Do any of you know your anniversaries well enough to know what year that is? I had no idea. I knew that 25th was silver and 50th was gold but that's it. Well we celebrated our 5th anniversary and I guess I should have given David something made of wood! I can't believe that it has been five years since the day we were married in the Salt Lake City Temple. It was such a perfect day and I love to remember it even though it was raining (can you tell it was pouring in the picture?). I didn't even care because it was the best day ever.


These 5 years have been amazing and I love my sweet husband so much. The weekend before our anniversary my mom and dad took our two girls over night so we could go out! It's the first time we've gone overnight without kids. I didn't think it would happen because Savannah is just two months old and nursing but I saved up some milk and my mom offered to watch them. She can do anything! She is amazing and we are so grateful that we got to go out. We first went out to eat at Romano's Macaroni Grill and it was delicious. We then stayed at the Hines Mansion here in town. It's where we stayed on our wedding night. We decided it would be fun to go back there every 5 years. It is such a neat little bed and breakfast with some cool history and great food! Thanks so much mom and dad for watching the girls for us! You know what's funny? Savannah slept for 7 hours straight that night for my mom. She still has yet to sleep that long for us!

Here's a picture of our little Savannah girl on the verge of a smile. She is really smiling a lot now and we are loving it!! She is about 2 1/2 months old and is growing so fast. At her two month appointment she weighed 11 lbs. 9 oz. She's got some pretty good chubs! We call her our little piggy because she is so noisy (and chunky). She likes to snort, smack her lips and grunt! She sounds like a little pig. She is also pretty gassy! What a little tooter....and those toots sure don't smell very pleasant either. I laugh so hard because she just putt-putts along. Here are some of her nicknames: Savy, Fannah, Bibbidi (short for bibbidi bobbity bo), Sister and Miss Piggy. We love our Savannah! She brings so much joy to our home.

Here are the two sisters together just hanging out, having a good time...both with their binkies! We've recently begun the whole weaning process with Tabitha and so far it hasn't been too bad. She is used to having three binkies with her at any time of the day. She has always loved to hold them and carry them around. It all started with us putting three binkies in her crib at night so that she could find one herself when she woke up in the night. She is definitely addicted! She now is only allowed one binkie and only during nap and bedtime. See, Tinkerbell comes and gets her binkie during the daytime and saves it for her. Then she brings it back for naps and bedtime. As for all of the other binkies, the fairies came and took them to other babies who needed them too. Tabi is being really great about the whole thing and is such a sweetheart! She sometimes sings songs about how Tinkerbell does this and how she will say "thank you " to Tinkerbell when she brings her blue binkie back. It makes us smile!

Tabitha is really into changing her clothes. It happens many times a day!! A few weeks ago I was going through some of Savannah's clothes and Tabitha insisted that she could also fit into Savannah's clothes. "Tabi can fit!" is what she says. So there she is, wearing a sweater and skirt of Savy's (size 3 mo.). She looks a little scandalous, I know!

Last weekend we took a trip to Idaho to visit David's family and also to attend our great-niece's, baby blessing. We had a great time visiting with family. Tabitha loved spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Hill and David's little sisters who played tirelessly with her! She had a good time playing on the tramp with G-pa too! It was Savannah's first trip to Idaho and she did very well! It was fun to have everyone see her and hold her.

This is our niece and nephew Natalie and Nicolas with their two angels, Avery and Aunica. Aren't they such a cute family?! It was Aunica's baby blessing on Sunday. Aunica is just one week younger than Savannah. We attended the blessing and then had a yummy luncheon afterwards at their home. It was so much fun! Nicolas is actually David's best friend from high school so now his best friend is his nephew! Hilarious eh? We love these guys and hope to live close to them some day!

Tabitha had a great time rockin' out with Avery's guitar when we were there at their house. She thought it was the coolest thing. Rock on girl!

10 comments:

rebecca said...

Congratulations on 5 years:) And look at those two beautiful little girls!!!! They are too cute for words!! David was our "doctor" at Dr. Whiting's the other day for the boy's Well child check up. He's such a nice guy:) He was funny. He walked in and saw Keith there and said, well, I don't really need to do anything in here. I just came to say hi:)

brittanyandtravis said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great treat to be alone. The girls are getting so big. They are so pretty and look like they'll be the best of friends!

Ryan and Sariah said...

I only know the wooden anniversary because Ryan came home a year and a half ago with a beautiful picture frame for me. I was a litte puzzled and he then explained that it was our wooden year. The frame now holds our family picture above the fireplace. Congradulations on five years.

Lisa said...

5 years! Congratulations!! Ok, if you guys come to Michigan we would LOVE to see you. Keep us posted. If things fall through with the Stewarts you're more than welcome at our house too even though it wouldn't be close to where David would be rotating. Let me know. Now I'm excited:)

Nat said...

What fun pictures! Happy Anniversary again. I'm so glad you guys got to get away. And I love the "scandalous" picture of Tabi. I laughed! It's funny, but I have many memories of YOU changing your clothes throughout the day too. Ha! I love it! Thanks for coming up for the blessing. We sure love you guys, and hope to live close to you too. You're the best!

Alan and Shelley said...

It is so good to hear from you guys. You would not believe it, but we were just talking about you two last night to some friends of ours. She was a ballroom dancer in rexburg as well. I cannot believe you have two kids - they are precious. Shelley and I are celebrating 5 years in June, we are so excited. Shoot me an email at Alan_Johnson@byu.edu, we have to catch up.

Chrissy said...

What a nice post! I can't believe how big Tabi is, especially when I remember when she was born. Time flies. Congrats on your anniversary. And Savannah is a DOLL (I love that name, by the way).

Nells said...

Congratulations on 5 years! You're girls are both adorable! I love the picture of Tabbi in Savannahs clothes! We miss you guys tons! Love you!

Jeannie Young said...

Happy Anniversary! It's amazing how fast time flies, we will celebrate 10 years on Wednesday---crazy! I loved all the great pictures of your cute little girls, they really are adorable! It sounds like they keep you smiling. Tell them hi from Auntie Jeannie and hopefully we'll get to see you this summer. Lots of love to you all!

Goodman Family said...

Good times! I hope you guys are doing well. happy anniversary!