Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Living without a Refrigerator

So when we got back from our Christmas vacation (which was incredible by the way...I'll fill you in on it later) we found that all of our food in our freezer was defrosted. Woa! The compressor in our fridge broke while we were gone. Luckily the food in the fridge was still okay because the cool air from the freezer dropped down into it. We went from Friday to Monday morning without a working fridge though! It was crazy. Our sweet next door neighbor let us put some food in her fridge and freezer and then we stuck the rest outside in a cooler (the stuff that didn't need to be as cold). We managed but it just made me realize how very grateful I am for refrigerators!! Now we have a beautiful new one and it's HUGE, which is great for storing a lot of food but our kitchen is pretty small anyway and so it's hillarious to look in there and see this massive fridge taking up half of the room (okay I'm exaggerating a little). I'm also very thankful that I didn't have to clean the old one!! ha!

2 comments:

Woods: said...

Oh that is so not fun! Refridgerators are so great! That's great that you have a new one now. That was a sneaky way to clean out the old one, though. Unplugging the compressor! TerriLyn! You!

Denisse said...

Isn't it amazing all these inventions that we sometimes take for granted...like a refrigerator!!!! I'm glad you got a new one!!!!!!