Based on the title of the post you might think that one of our kids was learning how to ride a bike for the first time. This, however, is not the case. In our housing complex, which we share with 4 other residents and their families, there is one laundry area with some storage rooms below one of the apartments. We were the first to move in out of the 4 new residents moving into this particular complex. The lone resident who has been living here prior to our arrivals is a 3rd year resident. When we arrived I noticed a "Row Bike" in the laundry/storage room that was broken but in overall good shape and assumed it belonged to another resident. For the past 9 months I have walked past the interesting contraption until finally I started to ask around my neighbors for a possible owner of the bike. Turns out it was here before our 3rd year resident neighbor ever arrived. I took on the bike as a "fixer-uper" and soon had it road worthy without too much difficulty. Since the Row Bike is not your classic bicycle I had to watch some You Tube videos to see how the parts came together and the chain and stearing mechanisms worked. I also had to watch a tutorial on how to ride the thing. I mustered up enough courage to take the Row Bike outside one day and face possible embarrassment in front of my neighbors as I tried to learn how to ride the thing. To be honest it didn't take as long as I thought it would to get the hang of riding it. After riding the Row Bike around the housing area a few of my resident friends came out for a try. In a way it was like learning to ride a bike for the first time since I get excited whenever I think of taking it on another spin around the block. This video was from when I was learning to ride my new toy the Row Bike.
10 years ago
2 comments:
This is one of the coolest things I've seen! I didn't even know row bikes existed. Great balance, David! And talk about an awesome arm workout. I love it!
That is AWESOME!!! I love that David got so excited over it. =) The video was great!
Post a Comment